McAuley Ministries is an independent nonprofit organization sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy and rooted in the ideals of its founder, Catherine McAuley. Our ministry provides the basic needs of food, clothing, shelter, health services, emotional support and guidance to the most vulnerable in our community.
While we minister to the immediate needs of those who seek our help:
- We advocate for changes that better serve the needs of those to whom we serve.
- We seek to create a caring community where people can connect with one another.
We strive to:
- Treat everyone with respect and dignity
- Build the self-esteem of those we serve
- Encourage their self-sufficency
Our Core Values
McAuley Ministries' values are rooted in charity and justice, as taught by the Gospel.
Hospitality: We believe that hospitality, a vital component of our ministry, demonstrates a spirit of welcome with an emphasis on inclusion and community building.
Compassion: We believe that compassion is expressed through kindness, acceptance, understanding, advocacy, and presence to persons in need.
Dignity: We believe that each person is a God-given gift and must be treated with dignity and respect.