Administrator of McAuley Village
325 Niagra Street, Providence, RI, 02907
FLSA: Full-time, Exempt Position, Reporting to the Executive Director
Please submit a resume, CV, to email@example.com
1. Ensure maximum occupancy of the 23 rental units including the excellent maintenance of all units and the administration of leasing and rent collection.
2. Follow procedures and best practices for affordable housing rental properties in Rhode Island.
3. Ensure the safety of all families by maintaining appropriate staffing, training in video surveillance monitoring, and building maintenance.
4. Oversee all aspects of property management and consult with the Facilities Manager and Executive Director on all major expenditures.
5. Ensure the efficient operation of the Licensed Day Care Facility by collaborating with the representatives of Children’s Friend.
6. Seek education and training on trauma informed care, domestic violence awareness, and equity and diversity issues.
7. Facilitate team meetings of service providers to ensure maximum care and services are provided to the families.
8. Responsible for the hiring, coordinating/scheduling, supervision and evaluation of staff and volunteers in accomplishing the goals of the program.
9. Participate in the McAuley Ministries management meetings and attend Corporation Board Meetings when requested.
10. Collaborate with the Executive Director in preparing the operating budget for Board approval and administers McAuley Village within the approved operational budget.
11. Collaborate with other members of the case management team including the two case managers at McAuley Ministries, the team of case managers and other professional at Sojourner House, and other social service agencies to provide basic human needs and referral of services to resident families.
12. Effective grant development including the creation of compelling narratives for grants with the grant writer, ensure 100% execution of all grants, and measure performance metrics to validate effectiveness.
13. Assist the McAuley Ministries Development Associate in the creation and
implementation of fundraising and communication activities.
14. Represent McAuley Village in the community, speaking on behalf of the mission and its operations, and participate in the creation of marketing content creation for newsletters, videos, and donor communications.
15. Participate in long range planning, implementation of action plans, and policy formation for McAuley Village.
16. Perform other related duties within the scope of the responsibilities of this position.
1. The ability and willingness to support the spirit of Mercy as set forth in the
Mission of McAuley Ministries.
2. Possess a bachelor’s degree.
3. Possess a general understanding of social programs within Rhode Island
4. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
5. Bilingual ability is beneficial in this position.
6. Must have a valid driver’s license.
7. Demonstrated experience in the field of administration, and an awareness of subsidized housing management is beneficial.
8. Skilled in grant writing and grant management.
9. Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
10. Possess the ability to prepare reports and presentations.
11. Possess the ability to problem solve in crisis situations.
12. Possess the ability to be objective regarding diverse cultures and lifestyles.
13. Able to approach all peers, staff and residents in a manner which creates harmony and promotes cooperation.
14. Possess the ability to effectively cope with a variety of personalities, and other stress provoking factors associated with a broad base of people and time constraints.
15. Ability to facilitate planning and procedures.
16. Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
1. This is a full-time position with regular hours. Due to the responsibilities of this position, time may need to be adjusted to attend events and meetings or address urgent situations.
2. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours.
3. Is subject to frequent interruptions.
4. Is involved with staff, residents, visitors, etc. under many conditions and circumstances.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work required of this position. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and abilities required.
McAuley Ministries is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, and clients. We respect equality and inclusivity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or other marginalized identities. We respect, value, and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are.
Administrative Assistant McAuley Ministries
Salary: $16-$18 an hour, commensurate with experience. Eligible for employee benefits, including vacation, sick/personal days, paid holidays, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, and a 401(k) plan.
Work Schedule: Monday–Friday, 8A–4P and occasional evening & weekend events
Position Description: The administration assistant is a full-time position that ensures the smooth operations of critical processes at McAuley Ministries. This position reports to the Administrator of McAuley Village, and the location of the office is 325 Niagara Street, Providence, RI.
Send resume/CV to Barbara Haynes, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
• Minimum of an Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
• Proficiency in working on varied databases and portals
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to work sensitively and effectively with families of diverse educational, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds,
• Valid Driver’s license
• Exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards residents
• Implement the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of McAuley Village.
• Maintain professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
• Maintain confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
• Effectively manage and oversee all processes relating to resident leases, rent payments, and landlord notification requirements.
• Recruit, select, hire, train, evaluate, counsel, and supervise part-time workers to perform reception desk responsibilities on evenings and weekends.
• Sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
The tasks include but are not limited to:
• Front Desk Reception of Guest and Vendors
• Resident service coordination
• Professionally answering the phone, responsibly screen all calls, sign-in all visitors, and follow procedures as written
• Schedule hospitality/security team members, delegate the tasks and oversight to ensure satisfactory completion of all assigned tasks given to any team member.
• Sort mail and packages and ensure all mailings are received.
• Produce payroll report for McAuley Village for the approval of administrator and Executive Director. Cross trained to complete payroll reporting for the Ministry staff when necessary
• Responsible for data entry and reporting of select databases. This includes record keeping on census of all residents, lease records, rent payments, lease related communications, and donations.
• Maintain a process that ensures that necessary repairs to the apartments as reported by residents, or housing agency are completed in a timely manner.
• Assist the facilities manager to maintain accurate accounting records, and to manage vendor activities.
• Manage a calendar of events at McAuley Village utilizing Office 365 shared calendar with the Administrator and Executive Director.
• Scheduling of volunteers
• Duties as assigned by Administrator and Executive Director in support of operations.
If you have any questions or are interested in applying, please contact Marlene at email@example.com.
McAuley Ministries is an independent nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy and rooted in the ideals of its founder, Catherine McAuley. Our ministries provide the basic needs of food, shelter, clothing, health services, emotional support and guidance, and respect for the most vulnerable in our community through our core values of Hospitality, Compassion, and Dignity.