Administrator of McAuley Village
325 Niagra Street, Providence, RI, 02907
FLSA: Full-time, Exempt Position, Reporting to the Executive Director
Please submit a resume, CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Ensure maximum occupancy of the 23 rental units including the excellent maintenance of all units and the administration of leasing and rent collection.
2. Follow procedures and best practices for affordable housing rental properties in Rhode Island.
3. Ensure the safety of all families by maintaining appropriate staffing, training in video surveillance monitoring, and building maintenance.
4. Oversee all aspects of property management and consult with the Facilities Manager and Executive Director on all major expenditures.
5. Ensure the efficient operation of the Licensed Day Care Facility by collaborating with the representatives of Children’s Friend.
6. Seek education and training on trauma informed care, domestic violence awareness, and equity and diversity issues.
7. Facilitate team meetings of service providers to ensure maximum care and services are provided to the families.
8. Responsible for the hiring, coordinating/scheduling, supervision and evaluation of staff and volunteers in accomplishing the goals of the program.
9. Participate in the McAuley Ministries management meetings and attend Corporation Board Meetings when requested.
10. Collaborate with the Executive Director in preparing the operating budget for Board approval and administers McAuley Village within the approved operational budget.
11. Collaborate with other members of the case management team including the two case managers at McAuley Ministries, the team of case managers and other professional at Sojourner House, and other social service agencies to provide basic human needs and referral of services to resident families.
12. Effective grant development including the creation of compelling narratives for grants with the grant writer, ensure 100% execution of all grants, and measure performance metrics to validate effectiveness.
13. Assist the McAuley Ministries Development Associate in the creation and
implementation of fundraising and communication activities.
14. Represent McAuley Village in the community, speaking on behalf of the mission and its operations, and participate in the creation of marketing content creation for newsletters, videos, and donor communications.
15. Participate in long range planning, implementation of action plans, and policy formation for McAuley Village.
16. Perform other related duties within the scope of the responsibilities of this position.
1. The ability and willingness to support the spirit of Mercy as set forth in the
Mission of McAuley Ministries.
2. Possess a bachelor’s degree.
3. Possess a general understanding of social programs within Rhode Island
4. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
5. Bilingual ability is beneficial in this position.
6. Must have a valid driver’s license.
7. Demonstrated experience in the field of administration, and an awareness of subsidized housing management is beneficial.
8. Skilled in grant writing and grant management.
9. Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
10. Possess the ability to prepare reports and presentations.
11. Possess the ability to problem solve in crisis situations.
12. Possess the ability to be objective regarding diverse cultures and lifestyles.
13. Able to approach all peers, staff and residents in a manner which creates harmony and promotes cooperation.
14. Possess the ability to effectively cope with a variety of personalities, and other stress provoking factors associated with a broad base of people and time constraints.
15. Ability to facilitate planning and procedures.
16. Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
1. This is a full-time position with regular hours. Due to the responsibilities of this position, time may need to be adjusted to attend events and meetings or address urgent situations.
2. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours.
3. Is subject to frequent interruptions.
4. Is involved with staff, residents, visitors, etc. under many conditions and circumstances.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work required of this position. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and abilities required.
McAuley Ministries is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, and clients. We respect equality and inclusivity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or other marginalized identities. We respect, value, and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are.
622 Elmwood Avenue, Providence, RI, 02907
- Prepare communications materials for donors, guests, corporate partners, engagement, and community relations
- Create a weekly eNews in MailChimp
- Create vibrant content for the website (Word Press)
- Create engaging content through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Create content for seasonal newsletters and press releases
- Develop promotional materials, brochures, etc, especially for events
- Maintain an inventory of photos, videos, artwork, marketing literature, archive files, and sample files
- Prepare for community events, attend, take photos, chat with guests, and write event debriefs for social media
- Execute fundraiser events
- Create expressive acknowledgments to donors through our customer relations management (CRM) database, Blackbaud
- Data input into Blackbaud
If you have any questions or are interested in applying, please contact Marlene at email@example.com.
McAuley Ministries is an independent nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy and rooted in the ideals of its founder, Catherine McAuley. Our ministries provide the basic needs of food, shelter, clothing, health services, emotional support and guidance, and respect for the most vulnerable in our community through our core values of Hospitality, Compassion, and Dignity.